As your liaison to the federal government, I can assist in many areas. On this page, you will find the most common issues my office tackles for constituents. If you are experiencing difficulties with a federal agency, my office can help resolve the issue.

Even though I cannot guarantee a specific outcome, I can ensure your case is reviewed fairly, thoroughly, and in a timely manner. If you think my office could be of assistance, please fill out the Privacy Release Form.

Immigration and Department of State

My staff is here to help you if you are experiencing difficulties with immigration issues or the Department of State. My office can assist you if you are going through the naturalization process, applying for a visa, need embassy assistance, or have questions about how our immigration system works. If you are looking to get started, the U.S. Customs and Immigration Services website provides case-by-case information, forms, and status update services. 


If you are experiencing federal tax issues, my staff will be able to contact the IRS on your behalf, or we can guide you to helpful services in New Mexico.


A U.S. Passport is required for any individual who wishes to travel outside of the United States. The Department of State recommends applying four to six weeks before your scheduled travel date. If you have an emergency, and can allow at least 72 hours notice, my office can help speed up the process.

Social Security & Medicare

Generations of seniors have been able to live independently and with dignity because of the safety net provided by Social Security and Medicare. If you are having trouble with Social Security or Medicare benefits, my office can help by serving as your liaison to the Social Security Administration or Medicare office.

U.S. Postal Service

The U.S. Postal Service provides many useful services to New Mexico’s communities. My office is able to assist  you if you are experiencing issues receiving your mail or other issues with the U.S. Postal Services. We will contact the appropriate office on your behalf.

Veterans and Military Benefits

Whether you are having trouble filing a claim, receiving your benefits, accessing health benefits, appealing an outcome, or you are a beneficiary of a veteran, my office can help contact the appropriate VA office on your behalf.  I can also help active-duty members of the military retrieve military records, or seek assistance with other issues involving the Department of Defense.