ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – On Wednesday, June 29, at 10 a.m. MT, U.S. Senator Martin Heinrich (D-N.M.), Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham, Tribal leaders, Trust for Public Land, and more will come together at the Laguna Pueblo Dancing Eagle Event Center to celebrate the expansion of the Marquez Wildlife Area in New Mexico.
Earlier this month, Trust for Public Land announced the acquisition of two adjoining properties that make up the L Bar project and the phased conveyance of the 54,000 acres to the New Mexico Department of Game and Fish to become part of the adjacent Marquez Wildlife Area. With this acquisition, the Marquez Wildlife Area will be the largest state-owned recreation property in New Mexico. The L Bar property will formally open to the public at a future date.
The celebration will feature remarks by federal, state, and Tribal leaders, and partners. The event will also include cultural presentations from Tribes and an exclusive opportunity to experience and view the new land acquisition.
***Press interested in attending should RSVP at email@example.com***
- U.S. Senator Martin Heinrich
- Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham
- Laguna Pueblo Governor Martin Kowemy, Jr.
- Acoma Pueblo Governor Randall Vicente
- Zuni Pueblo Governor Val Panteah
- Zuni Pueblo Lieutenant Governor Carlton Bowekaty
- Trust for Public Land President and CEO Diane Regas
- Additional state, federal, and Tribal partners
WHEN: Wednesday, June 29, at 10 a.m. MT
WHERE: Dancing Eagle Event Center, 167 Casa Blanca Rd. (Exit 108, I-40), Paraje, NM 87007
NOTE: All media present at this event are required to wear face coverings.