What information are you looking for?
Bank of Albuquerque
- Customers are encouraged to contact Bank of Albuquerque if they are experiencing a financial hardship. With questions about a mortgage, call (866) 910-5218. Personal and Small Business clients should call the ExpressBank at (800) 910-5218.
Bank of America
- Bank of America is helping customers on a case-by-case basis, depending on the type of services the customer requires. BoA can assist by waiving credit card fees, removing loan fees, and help with home loan assistance. Customers can call 1 (800) 432-1000 for assistance.
Bank of the Southwest
- Bank of the Southwest is helping customers with deferred payments. Assistance will be provided on a case-by-case basis.
- BBVA’s COVID-19 resource page can be found HERE. Special offers are currently available until April 17. The situation will be continuously monitored to determine if extensions or further action is needed beyond the current end date.
- BBVA’s special assistance package includes:
- Deferred and extension payments on existing consumer and small business loans and credit cards
- Waived and refunded ATM fees
- Penalty-free CD withdrawals, for CDs opened prior to March 1
- Customers can call 1-800-BBVA-USA (800-228-2872) to speak with a banking agent if finances have been affected by COVID-19
- Customers can call 844-222-3862 between 7 AM to 5 PM MT to obtain a loan, line of credit, and credit card payment deferrals or waivers
- Century Bank is finalizing plans to assist business and individual customers who have been impacted financially by Coronavirus/COVID-19, including working on in-house loan programs, in addition to cooperating with the State of New Mexico and others for their loan guarantee programs. Century Bank has also increased limits on ATM withdrawals and point of sale transactions for debit cards.
- Customers impacted by COVID-19 may contact the bank directly at (505) 995-1200 to discuss other services that the bank may provide for them during this crisis.
- Assistance will be provided on a case-by-case basis. Customers are encouraged to reach out at (575) 234-2500 with any questions they may have.
- CNB Bank’s COVID-19 Information Page can be found HERE.
Community 1st Bank Las Vegas
- Community 1st Bank will follow same schedule as N.M. schools and close all lobbies until further notice. Customers are asked to use electronic banking tools or call (505) 425-7584 before visiting the local branch.
Enterprise Bank & Trust
- Enterprise Bank & Trust’s COVID-19 Resource Page can be found HERE.
- Customers are encouraged to bank remotely. Customers can call 1 (833) 896-2850, or email email@example.com with questions or assistance requests.
First Citizens Bank
- Lobbies are currently open at many local branches, but the bank encourages customers to use drive-thrus. 24 hour automated help is available at 1 (800) 323-4732; personnel are available on the line from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. MT.
- First Citizens Bank’s COVID-19 Information Page can be found HERE. You can read the statement on current market conditions from the bank’s Chief Investment Officer HERE.
First National 1870
- All First National 1870 Northern New Mexico branches are open by appointment only. Drive-thru services are also open.
- Customers can also call ?1 (888) 827-5564 Monday thru Friday ?from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. MT and Saturday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. MT.
- First National 1870’s COVID-19 Information Page can be found HERE.
First Savings Bank
- First Savings Bank’s COVID-19 Information Page can be found HERE.
- Affected customers are encouraged to contact their local branch.
Four Corners Community Bank
- Four Corners Community Bank publishes COVID-19 updates on its main web page, which can be viewed HERE.
- The bank is offering limited lobby access, and its goal is to remain open. However, customers are encouraged to use online or phone banking.
New Mexico Bank & Trust
- New Mexico Bank & Trust’s COVID-19 Communication Center can be found HERE.
- Branch lobbies in Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, Los Lunas, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Tierra Amarilla, Portales, and Clovis are closed until further notice. 24/7 banking services are available online, and customers may also call the toll free hotline at 1 (888) 848-6625.
Southwest Capital Bank
- Southwest Capital Bank branch lobbies are closed as of March 19, and customer access is limited on an appointment basis. Customer support is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. by calling (505) 243-1890
TBK Bank (formerly Bank of New Mexico)
- As of March 18, most bank branch lobbies are closed. The only N.M. branches with open lobbies are Albuquerque and Gallup. Customers can call (866) 644-3935 to speak with a representative.
- TBK Bank’s COVID-19 Information Page can be found HERE.
Washington Federal (ABQ)
- Washington Federal’s COVID-19 Response Page can be found HERE.
- Washington Federal has established a special line of credit for small businesses affected by COVID-19, which can be reviewed HERE.
- New Mexico businesses who have experienced at least 10 percent decline in revenues are eligible to apply for a 5 year, revolving line of credit. Zero interest for ninety days, maximum loan amount of $200,000. Applicants may apply online or email Business.Lifeline@wafd.com
- Access to all branch lobbies are restricted as of March 17. The branch at Las Cruces on Telshor Blvd. is closed for deep cleaning. Customers needing access to their safety deposit box may call their branch or client care center to make arrangements at 1 (800) 324-9375.
- The Client Care Center is available 24/7 at 1 (800) 324-9375.
- Assistance will be provided on a case-by-case basis. Western Bank is working with existing customers and others affected in the area to help figure out the best resources for them. Everything on a case-by-case basis.
Western Bank of Artesia
- Western Bank of Artesia’s COVID-19 Statement can be found HERE.
- Wellls Fargo's COVID-19 Response can be found HERE. On this site, customers can access remote banking tools including Wells Fargo's Commercial Electrionic Office webpage and app, which allows customers to bank from almost anywhere.
U.S. Bank (ABQ)
- The U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card and the Business Visa Platinum Card has a 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 20 billing cycles.
- U.S. Bank has temporarily reduced pricing on Simple and Personal Loans. Simple Loans are available via online banking and the U.S. Bank Mobile App; Personal Loans are available via online banking as well as U.S. Bank call centers and branches.
- U.S. Bank has also temporarily reduced pricing on Quick Loan and Cash Flow Manager. Both products are available via online banking, the U.S. Bank app, U.S. bank call centers and branches.
[Return to top]
Del Norte Credit Union
- Del Norte Credit Union remains open for business via drive thru and appointment only. Customers are encouraged to utilize online banking services.
- Del Norte Credit Union will work with members to come up with customized financial plans, which include payment deferrals, low interest loans, and any other type of customized plan that is based on members’ circumstances.
Eddy Federal Credit Union
- All current members can contact FCU and speak to a member of the loan department to work out a payment deferral.
Estacado Federal Credit Union
- Estacado Federal Credit Union is opening their skip payment program, which means their normal skip-a-payment fee is waived. Members can apply to skip one or all loans through April 30.
Everyone’s Federal Credit Union
- Members can call and be granted a thirty day payment extension.
First Financial Credit Union
- FFNM's Coronavirus Safety Updates can be found HERE.
Financial Security Credit Union
- FSCU is offering pandemic relief extension for members being affected by COVID-19 and waiving fees. Extensions are being offered on existing loans without requiring a reason.
Guadalupe Credit Union
- GCU has enlisted nationally certified financial coaches to offer valuable resources and tools. More information can be found HERE.
Kirtland Federal Credit Union
- Members circumstances will be reviewed on a case by case basis and the credit union will work with every member to assist them during this time, including by offering fee waivers on checking accounts, skip-a-pay offers for loans, temporary credit card line increases, and small amount relief loans.
LOCO Credit Union
- LOCO Credit Union is offering a 2 month deferment on loan payments with letter from employer.
Northern New Mexico School Employees Federal Credit Union
- NNMSEFCU will be waiving late fees through April 30. Members having problems can have other fees assessed and waived, as well as the ability to skip payments and have loan modifications.
- The credit union's COVID-19 Response document can be found HERE.
Nusenda Credit Union
- Nusenda will waive fees for using non-CU Any Time ATMS.
- Members will recieve details on the ability to skip a credit card payment in their upcoming April statement.
- Payment can be deferred on auto, personal, and equity loans; contact the credit union for payment relief.
- Nusenda's COVID-19 Response Page can be found HERE.
Rio Grande Credit Union
- Rio Grande Credit Union is allowing members to skip a payment on auto, signature, or signature-secured loans. RGCU is also offering loan extensions.
- The Periodic Overdraft Protection Service fee is being lowered and ECM fees are being waived.
Southwest Federal Credit Union
- Southwest Federal Credit Union is allowing members to skip loan payments if they are experiencing hardship due to the pandemic. More information can be found HERE.
US Eagle Federal Credit Union
- US Eagel is waiving fees on products and services including customer checking account monthly fees, business checking account monthly and maintenance fees, courtesy pay overdraft protection fees, NSF forgiveness fees, late fees on loan and credit card payments, skip-a-payment fees, and stop payment fees.
- Loan extentions are being offered on most loans by member request. The Eagle Relief Loan is also available to help members who have experienced a loss or reduction of income due to the pandemic.
- US Eagle's COVID-19 Response can be found HERE.
Zia Credit Union
- Zia has activated their Emergency Loan Program and is offering loan payment extensions through May 1 to assist members who have been financially impacted by COVID 19.
- Zia will also be lifting the limit on phone/online transactions affecting savings accounts effective until June 13, 2020.
- More information on Zia Credit Union's response can be found HERE.
[Return to top]
Bernalillo County Water Authority
- Albuquerque Bernalillo County Water Authority will be suspending disconnections for non-payment until further notice.
- Walk-in payments are currently suspended. Bills can be paid online at abcwua.org, by phone at (505) 842-9287, or by mail, addressed to ABCWUA, P.O. Box 27226, Albuquerque, N.M. 87125
El Paso Electric
- NM Gas will not disconnect customers’ service for inability to pay. If you need help with a payment plan, billing questions, or other inquiries, call 1 (888) 644-2726
- NM Gas’s COVID-19 information page can be found HERE.
- PNM will NOT disconnect customers’ service due to inability to pay. Late fees, collections, and credit reporting have all been suspended until further notice. PNM will provide notice before billing and disconnection policies resume.
- Payment centers are currently open, but PNM urges customers to use self-service options at PNM.com/pay or by calling 1 (844) 766-7968.
- TO AVOID SCAMS: PNM urges customers to not respond to messages and/or calls stating that you must pay your bill or your power will be disconnected. Please report any suspected scam. Customers can reach out to PNM through Live Chat at PNM.com/contact-us; calling 1 (888) 342-5766; and email at PNMCustomerService@pnm.com
- PNM’S COVID-19 Resource Page can be found HERE.
Phone and Internet Service Providers
- For the next 60 days (as of March 13, 2020), AT&T pledges to waive late fees and suspend service disconnections of any wireless, home phone or broadband residential or small business customer due to an inability to pay their bill as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
- AT&T is waiving domestic wireless plan overage charges for data, voice, or text for residential or small business wireless customers incurred because of economic hardship related to the coronavirus pandemic.
- If you are concerned about your service, you can learn about scheduling payment arrangements HERE.
- Comcast will not be disconnecting customers’ internet service if the customer contacts them to let them know they are unable to pay during this period.
- Comcast will additionally be pausing its data plan for 60 days, giving all customers unlimited data for no additional charge. Additionally, they are offering new, low-income Internet Essentials customers two months of free internet, and raising the speed of that program’s service.
- Comcast’s COVID-19 Response page can be found HERE.
Sacred Wind Communications
- Sacred Wind will increase customers’ internet speeds to a minimum of 25 mbps.
- Customers are encouraged to use online bill pay, which can be found HERE. Customers can also contact a customer service representative by calling (877) 722-3393.
- As of March 13, 2020, for the next 60 days, Sprint will be suspending service terminations if customers are unable to pay their bill due to COVID-19, as well as waiving late fees incurred because of economic circumstances related to the pandemic.
- Sprint’s COVID-19 Updates can be found HERE.
- All T-Mobile customers who have plans with data will now (as of March 13, 2020) have unlimited smartphone data for the next 60 days, excluding roaming.
- Customers who need more time paying their bill can set up a payment schedule HERE.
- Verizon will not charge a late fee or terminate service of customers experiencing a financial hardship, effective through May 13, 2020. To qualify, you must fill out a short form, found HERE.
- Verizon is offering free long distance calling to countries identified by the Centers for Disease Control as level 3 impacted by COVID-19. This offer includes customers on prepaid and postpaid plans.
- Verizon’s COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions can be found HERE.
[Return to top]
Resources for Small Businesses
COVID-19 and the American Workplace
- The Wage and Hour Division provides information on common issues employers and employees face when responding to COVID-19, and its effects on wages and hours worked under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), job-protected leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA). Learn more HERE.
NMEDD Loan Guarantee
- The New Mexico Economic Development Department (NMEDD) can guarantee a portion of a loan or line of credit up to 80% or principal, or $50,000. Loan proceeds are flexible and can be used for working capital, inventory, and payroll. Banks offering this program can be found HERE.
- Learn more about NMEDD's COVID-19 response HERE.
New Mexico Small Business Development Center
- The New Mexico Small Business Development Center provides assistance for small businesses impacted by COVID-19. Learn more HERE.
Paid Sick Leave
- The Families First Coronavirus Response Act provides a 100% refundable tax credit for small and medium sized businesses with under 500 employees to provide paid sick leave to employees affected by COVID-19. Learn more HERE.
Small Business Disaster Loan
- The Small Business Disaster Loan can be used to cover operating expenses and takes 2 to 3 weeks to be approved. Learn more HERE.
.Tax Filing Extension
- The Treasury Department and Internal Revenue Service announced that the federal income tax filing date is automatically extended to July 15, 2020. Learn more HERE.
[Return to top]
Roadrunner Food Bank
- Roadrunner Food Bank offers help with food via its food assistance line and online food assistance tool. Call (505) 349-5240 OR (575) 523-4390 or access the online food assistance tool HERE.
[Return to top]
- Please click HERE for a compilation of resources currently available to Tribes.
[Return to top]